I believe it’s important to have a purpose. To be good at something. To use that “something” to help others.
I believe in striving to live a balanced life. In living simply. In finding joy in the small things.
I believe in Clarity, Communication, Creativity, Compassion, and Curiosity.
I believe there is always something new to learn.
I believe good neighbours are like gold … as are old friends, family pets, and a good recipe.
I believe in love. Love is love is love, no matter who you are.
I’m an author whose first novel is currently on submission, represented by the VK Agency.
I’m also a knitter, quilter, musician, performing artist, administrative assistant and bellydance instructor (among other things).
Did you know, there isn’t much difference in the space a dance teacher holds for her student and the space a book coach holds for her client? Both require sensitivity, kindness, trust, honesty, integrity, and a healthy sense of fun.
Whether as your book coach or editor, I’ll keep you accountable to your creative goals using a combination of tough love and laughter. And if you’re lucky, maybe a dance move or two thrown in for good measure!
More fun facts about me:
- I’ve played clarinet in two orchestras,
- spend the summers living off-grid in the Yukon,
- had a career as an administrative assistant at Yukon College,
- flown in an open-cockpit vintage biplane,
- knitted dozens of pairs of socks,
- sewn several quilts,
- baked hundreds of loaves of bread,
- been married 40+ years to the same lovely man,
- have a very cute little dog named Samson,
- and raised one awesome adult son!
Are you ready? Let’s get your writing life off the ground!